Thursday, July 10, 2008

Now I have to wait a whole year! :(



I love birthdays, especially when it is mine. I get so bummed out to think that this day for which I have been waiting for so long is almost getting over.

But it was a great day. My office colleagues made it very special. At the end of the day the gift tally was 25 (after counting a pair of gifts as two!!). The most special of all was from Raghunath aunty and it was a framed photo of me giving sweets to Mom. It is a souvenir I will cherish all my life.

I went to my old office and spent a good 45 minutes with my ex-boss and all my colleagues there. In the evening, I met my family, grand mother, uncle, aunt and cousin for dinner. In all, it was a great day.

2 comments:

Dhara said...

Don't worry, it will come back soon! And then, as Indians, we have an advantage of having 2 of them every year! ;)
And hey, I got no sweets and no cake! :(
Take care! Did I ever tell you, how much I enjoy reading what you have written?

ashispanikkar said...

hey ramya, hows u doing? long time!!! Was just happenstance that i logged onto gmail and saw the link to ur blog. U really do write well. Its really nice that you give so much importance to little things that normally just pass us by. Makes us like and believe the simplicity in such things and in life and truly makes us appreciate these moments better. Neways belated happy birthday to u (am making it a habit of wishing everyone late ... haha). Tc and keep writing.