Saturday, January 7, 2012

A House we called a 'Home'


May 2, 2006 was the day we shifted to this beautiful house on the 15th floor. The best and striking highlight of the house was the view. Every room faces the sea and every morning I have been greeted by the tireless sun , turning the sky from an orangish hue to bright blue. Even today , after 6 years, when I stand in my balcony watching the sun rise, I feel I fall in love with this scenic beauty all over again. 




The best time was the monsoon. We could literally see the clouds rising over the sky and the rains approaching from far and then all of a sudden there will be a huge rainbow looming above, enveloping the sky . 





The nights when the moon is bright , we could see the reflection of the moon in the sea – a breathtaking view.



This house has been very special to me. My uncle always tells me to not get emotionally attached to the place where you stay as it will be difficult to let go. But it is easier said than done; as it is not just a house with a few bricks put together. It is a ‘home’ filled with so much beauty, love and unforgettable memories. We are today shifting to a house which is on the third floor. We may not get the same picturesque view but as someone once told me , it’s the people who make a house, a home. And that’s how we move on.

(All pics - Courtesy - Shrinivas Sankaran :))

1 comment:

Parinita Salian said...

Ramya..the Angre House home has so many memories just like the P&O Terrace one.. I remember when you had to shift from there to Angre you went through the same mixed feelings. But look at the beautiful memories you are collecting in your 'pensieve'. Anyway here wishing you another set of beautiful years in a new house which I know you will make it your home... All the very best for another exciting phase :)