Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Serendipity - what does it mean?

Many people who read this blog were asking me what the title of my blog "Serendipity" means. I thought I will write something about this and my connection with this word.

The word serendipity has a very beautiful meaning. It means the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely. The best description of this word, I think was given by Mr. Lawrence Block as "Serendipity. Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for."

I guess many of the incidents in the blog refer to these kind of "fortunate accidents" in life. But frankly, the first time I came across this word was when I watched this movie with my best friend on HBO "Serendipity" starring Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack. Because of this associative psychology that most of us have wherein we relate incidents in our lives to the circumstances around them, this movie always brings back fond memories of times spent with my colony friends esp my best friend, Pari who is now married and lives abroad.

I am glad to have 'serendipities' in my life


3 comments:

aarti said...

Thats really a very beautiful and an absolutely apt name for a blog!! Because a blog really is a medium when you share unique experiences discovered absolutely unexpectedly and always in the ordinary course of things..

Graphologyindia said...

Welcome to Graphologyindia.com....so near yet so far.... It's really I appreciate their graphology classes in Bangalore division in Bangalore.as i am very much satisfied with their Quality of graphology classes in Bangalore services and their service towards customers. I strongly recommend their service to allllll

graphology classes in Bangalore

Graphologyindia said...

The Graphology School of India (GSI) was set up in conjunction with The International School of Handwriting Analysis (ISHA) by Mrs. Pradeep K.U in 2011, to establish a firm base for Graphology in Bangalore. The college is an independent teaching body, offering training courses in Graphology. The GSI offers courses are Beginners Diploma, Comprehensive Course, Evaluated Traits Course, and Master (SSS) Course.
Graphology Courses in Bangalore